Sunday, August 11, 2013

Humidity

Fogged windows obscured lots of activity at the feeder.  I think I saw wrens, titmice and the nuthatch in addition to the regulars.  I cleaned the hummer feeder overnight and need to get it back out. The sky is mostly gray cloud, soft and wet looking.  Some butterflies, skippers, and dragonflies are out. I put the hummer feeder back up and it was much appreciated.

The afternoon is sunnier, but raindrops fell anyway.  There was no cloud overhead at the time.  The nuthatch and a wren visited during lunch.  At least two red spotted purple butterflies laid eggs on the cherry trees.  A black swallowtail rejected a rose and  I think I saw  a palamedes swallowtail. One small skink ventured across the patio. 

A couple of crows explored the "restructured sweet gum.  Rain drove us inside at 5:30 but a Carolina wren and a hummer continued to feed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment