Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gray sky, intermittent sun

A hummer came early.  Other than that, not much is happening.

The sun is playing peek-a-boo.  The usual suspects are up now.  The lovelorn squirrel is still pursuing hope.  The hummers continue to drive each other off the feeder.

I think I saw a cicada-killer but it didn't pause to let me be sure.  Black swallowtails continue to lay eggs, more easily now that I cleared the morning glory vines off the rue.  A full grown skink and a tiny blue tail were active at the same time.  The hummer warz continue. 

The poor little wren is still feeding its foster cowbird.  Two ospreys circled, and a buzzard, and possibly an eagle. The sky got clearer in the afternoon and no thunderstorm materialized.  I got bit by a fishing spider as I cleared leaves from the pool.  It stung and there was some prickly numbness but the cool water may have helped.  The spider was certainly justified as I probably came close to squashing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment