Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Slightly cooler

K hung the clean freshly juiced hummer feeder.  Chickadees and cardinals showed up for sunflower breakfast.  A brown thrasher foraged underneath.  The birdhouse rocked and then a wren burst out.  From the storm last night, there was rainwater in the birdbath but it was not full.

Mid morning, a goldfinch visited to drink from the hummer feeder's central water well.

At lunch a couple of blue dashers disputed over a perch before each settled on a different one.  I glimpsed butterflies including a tiger swallowtail. 

More beetles and spiders went for a swim.  While in the pool, I saw a couple of Carolina wrens debugging the oak trunk.  Then a nasty greenhead fly appeared and I left. A twelve-spotted dragonfly patrolled overhead but I'm afraid it was not big enough to catch the fly.  I heard a green heron but didn't see it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment