Friday, June 5, 2015

Wet

The only rain this morning was blowing off the trees but everything was dripping.  A brown thrasher forged in the mulch at breakfast, followed by a female towhee.  I had only seen the male for at least a month.

A fine mist began to fall at lunch.  The wren hatchlings were louder today and their parents cursed when I got near the birdhouse.  A hummer rejected the juice in the feeder so I took it down to clean.  A dragonfly clung to the wall of our house. The air outside felt dank and mushrooms were popping up. 

The regulars competed for feeder space because the number of chickadees increased.  I think I glimpsed a Carolina wren on the feeder too.  Meanwhile the house wrens relayed bugs to the family.

A fox went by on the far side of the pool, too fast for me to pick up the camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment