Saturday, June 13, 2015

Very hot

A house wren visited the sunflower feeder - fledgling?  Dragonflies were on patrol.  A squirrel trudged around looking for a drink.

I took the underwater camera to the pool and photographed a tan beetle, two red queen ants, and a fishing spider, not very successfully.  I rescued a half dozen ground beetles and more spiders.  A wasp lit on the water right in front of me, for a drink I guess. 

Dark cloud cover moved slowly from the North accompanied by thunder. There was only a light sprinkling of drops.

I began to think that the birdhouse was empty, but finally I saw a wren at the door.  I also heard wrens singing as well as scolding all around the yard.  Then a wren appeared to be adding twigs to the house - a second family?  Cardinals were all over but hesitated to come to the feeder with us outside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment