Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sunshine at last

I had a morning meeting.  Heavy looking clouds still hung around but there was blue sky and sun.  The wrens were busy and noisy.  Titmice competed with the regulars at the feeder.  K hung fresh clean hummer juice. The wasps rejoiced on the rue. 

I went to rescue a beetle from the water only to discover it was a Japanese beetle.  I threw it back.  Later I did rescue a little spider and a damselfly.  Another tiny spider had constructed a white patch of a web below the pool coping.  I wondered if it was an infant argiope.  A cabbage white flitted about.  I think the blue jays have a nest up in the oak. 

At supper, something was darting around the treetops that may have been a flycatcher, but I can't be sure.  Clouds moved in toward evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment