Friday, August 21, 2015

Humid!

At breakfast the windows were obscured with a combination of condensation and raindrops till nearly 9am.  The feeder regulars were out.

By lunch time the wind was strong enough to dry off surfaces.  Hummers stocked up on juice to have energy to chase other hummers from the juice.  Skinklets darted everywhere.  Amongst the blowing yellow leaves were a goldfinch, cloudless sulphur, a tiger swallowtail, and a yellow sided skimmer.  I also saw a black swallowtail.

In the afternoon, in a garden of zinnias I saw a monarch butterfly.  Perhaps I should get some zinnia seeds.  I took cell phone photos - I'll have to see if I got anything. The sunlight washed out most and the resolution is poor, but it's not often I see a monarch any more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment