Monday, August 3, 2015

Sun

A Carolina wren was atop the post when I came out to start breakfast, but it flew off.  Female goldfinches and hummingbirds came for their preferred foods, though the goldfinch spent time on the hummer feeder and the hummer moved off to the rosemary.  Titmice joined the regulars at the seed feeder.  An osprey circled in the sky.

The hummer warz continued at lunch.  I would love to get a photo of that but it is unlikely.  A black swallowtail and other butterflies were out.

Things got more interesting when I went out to swim.  First there was a Halloween pennant dragonfly on a perch.  Then I saw a yellow crowned night heron in the redwood.  A fox trotted along the edge of the marsh but I didn't see it till it was almost to the next yard.  In the pool skimmer I found a sizable frog.  It jumped back into the pool and we played tag for a while.  I gave up and it jumped out on its own.  Skinks were around as well.

Sunset was glorious.  Egrets sailed over headed North.


No comments:

Post a Comment