Sunday, August 16, 2015

Still sunny!

We had windows open for breakfast - delightful.  Lots of hummers competed for the feeder.  Lots of butterflies were too fast for my camera.  Goldfinches put in a brief appearance, as did a dove.  A squalling youngster kept the house finches busy.  Big bees fed on the second crop of sunflowers.  I hope I got all the infested flowers in time.

Lots of skinks of all sizes were out, including one I rescued from the water.  Slaty skimmers used the perches.  A squirrel used the pool ladder.  I saw a June beetle fly to the sunflower where it was surrounded by ants.  It landed near their aphid farm.  A birdwing grasshopper landed on the patio.  An egret stalked the bulkhead across the creek.  The hummer chases continued and one hummer took on a female goldfinch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment