Sunday, August 2, 2015

More cloudy

The windows were sweating at breakfast. The hummers started in early.  Goldfinches were busy with the sunflowers too.  And of course the regulars visited the feeder. A squirrel scarfed up all the mealworms I put out for the wrens. 

During our very late lunch, we were joined by titmice and goldfinches.  The hummers continued to argue - one left the feeder to chase another from the rosemary.  I think I saw a family of bluebirds in the cherry.  A palamedes swallowtail and a Carolina saddlebags were too fast for me.

While I was in the pool a yellow crowned night heron stood on the dock but it didn't wait for me.  A parent and fledgling robin hid under the bushes at the fence.  The usual slaty skimmer stood watch. A formation of fish scale clouds passed over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment