Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Humid

The windows were fogged at breakfast.  So, of course, the birds cavorted while I could only dimly see them.  Goldfinch, titmouse, and hummer were involved as well as the three regulars.  Eventually the dew evaporated and I could take pictures. 

The hummers were warring as lunch grilled.  When not chasing each other, they perched to watch the feeder.  This one had its beak open, something I've only see rarely.  A blueblack wasp hunted something on leaves.  A tiger swallowtail, a cloudless sulphur, and a gulf fritillary (I think) were all too fast for me.  During lunch a hawk glided over the deep end and into the bushes.  There was a fresh blossom on the hibiscus today - it certainly has done better this summer with more sun. 

After lunch the sky clouded over and by 4pm thunder was audible.  Only the hummers visited in the afternoon.  Oh, and small things that bite - I got nipped plenty.  I suppose the little blood-suckers were planning for rain and a chance to lay eggs in a puddle.  And the rain began right at 6pm with a steady, rumbling accompaniment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment