Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Very humid

The windows were fogged till 9am.I could dimly make out titmice and hummers and the regulars.  When the dew finally evaporated, a song sparrow appeared.

A stink bug supervised the construction as menacing clouds rolled up from the Southeast.   Crows got excited about something.  Titmice dared to come to the feeder even though I was outside.  A golden digger wasp visited the rue.  Then a light rain started around 2pm.

Since it was just a light rain I got in the pool and cleaned out leaves and one small spider.  After I got out the rain stopped and everything came to life.  But I didn't have the camera on account of the wet.  I saw a great crested flycatcher in the cherry, three blue jays eating acorns, the regulars plus titmice and hummers, and an egret flying up the creek.  The sky began to clear around 4:30pm.

I had sun in my eyes driving West at 6pm.  Later, sunset was colorful but as soon as it had passed, the clouds gathered again.  The crows also gathered in the twilight over the 64/264 interchange.


No comments:

Post a Comment