Thursday, September 17, 2015

White sky

Yesterdays clouds spread into overcast.  The feeder attracted a titmouse in addition to the regulars.  A dove rested beneath.  and I glimpsed a wren in the rosemary.

By lunch the clouds broke apart and allowed some sunshine.  I rescued a bird grasshopper Schistocerca obscura that was in the water.  It took off flying.  Later a young skink needed fishing out.  It warmed up on the patio, sides heaving.  A squirrel got very close to the pool without noticing me and dashed off in a panic.

The day never got very warm.  Cumulus clouds gave way to cirrus.  When I got home from my meeting, I looked for more egg-covered azalea leaves, and found them.  I removed the praying mantis egg case and discovered a caterpillar on the same branch.  Egrets flew over, headed North for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment