Friday, September 18, 2015

Sunshine

At breakfast, I could make out chickadees and cardinals through the fogged up window.  Later house finches joined them.

When I got back in the evening, at least one hummingbird was interested in the lavender, but not the feeder.  Something pooped on my thumb and it was such a small amount I suspect the hummingbird.  Egrets flew around the creek and cormorants over it.  Bumblebees were busy but I did not see wasps.  A camel cricket clung to the underside of the soffit.  Squirrels dropped acorns and branches and then got thirsty and drank perched on the pool ladder. 

Something was biting us, though no rain was predicted.  Clouds streamed out of the Southeast, often obscuring the crescent moon.  They had all moved to the Western horizon by sunset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment