Sunday, June 12, 2016

Still hot and windy

At breakfast, the male goldfinch brought the female.  The gladiolus began blooming and a hummer investigated.  K rehung the clean fresh hummer feeder but I didn't see any action.  A skipper landed on the window frame. 

Clouds obscured the sun for much of the afternoon.  While I was in the pool, a little green heron stalked along the metal bulkhead.  Then it flew over to our floating dock where it was out of sight.  I rescued beetles and wasps and one spider from the water.  I did not rescue a couple of roaches.  Bees and wasps fought the wind to reach the lavender and rue.  A hummer found the feeder.  Other than that, all I saw were cardinals.  Raindrops started falling around 5pm and I heard rumbles of thunder.

The sun returned around 6pm. A half dozen geese grazed on marsh grass while an egret did the balancing trick on the channel marker.  Dragonflies chased the bugs the rain brought out.

Sunset was colorful with tangerine cumulus clouds on the horizon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment