Saturday, June 11, 2016

Warmer

The male goldfinch was back for breakfast, but he didn't eat any seeds.  Cardinals and chickadees visited and a couple of chickadees got into an aerial battle.  A crane fly on the glass caught the sun.

When I got back, it was past the middle of the afternoon and it was HOT.  I got into the pool where I rescued the usual beetles, and with some trepidation, wasps and spiders.  I heard birds but didn't see any but the ubiquitous cardinals and chickadees.

The wasps stayed busy with rue and the bees with lavender.  I watched a video on bees and wasps a couple of days ago that said all bees feed their larva pollen but wasps feed theirs meat.  Maybe the lavender offers more pollen than rue?

The moon was overhead around 6pm.  Wind was whipping the tops of the oak trees and making the heat tolerable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment