Saturday, August 20, 2016

Humid

The morning was sunny but so humid the windows were still fogged at 9am.  Yesterday's rain beat down the tall plants - sunflower, canna.  The cardinals were hungry.  K hung fresh hummer juice both back and front.  I spent most of the day in a workshop, which was too bad because it was quite nice when I got home.  I saw piled up cumulus on the horizon as I drove, but not afterward.  

A buckeye butterfly competed with fiery skippers and bumblebees on the orange lantana.  A duskywing skipper found the pink lantana in the hanging pot.  K noticed a red and green grasshopper nymph on the window.  A Southern purple mint moth found the mint.  And a great golden digger wasp fed on the milkweed.  I startled a little green heron off the dock. At supper, hummers and a male goldfinch visited.


No comments:

Post a Comment