Sunday, August 21, 2016

Windy

The wind made the clouds hustle and the sun flicker all day long.  A goldfinch, hummers, and titmice showed up during breakfast.  Later I cut away the collapsed sunflower and the morning glory that clung to it.  The hibiscus outdid itself with ten flowers.  A buzzard floated on the thermals.  The hummer chases continued. Robins stayed in the woods.  I thought I saw a brown thrasher, but it was gone before I was certain. 

A cicada dangled from the morning glory that clung to the hibiscus, surprisingly.  I looked for an exoskeleton in case it was new hatched but I didn't see anything.  Blue dashers guarded the slope to the water.  A cobweb spider ate another spider while yet another ate the red and green grasshopper nymph from yesterday.

A hairstreak drank from the mint.  A cloudless sulphur seemed to flit endlessly without landing anywhere. A large orange and several small brown butterflies got away.  I saw a black, a palamedes, and K called my attention to this giant swallowtail.

A brief thunderstorm struck about 8:40pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment