Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Signs of Autumn

Maybe it is because the sun gets up later, but I'm beginning to see the early morning reflections I associate with Fall.  Berries have begun to color up and a few colored leaves have dropped in the water along with the incessant plop of acorns.  Buds appeared on the camellia and the dogwoods.

On the other hand, a yellow-bodied dragonfly and a couple of snout butterflies were darting around over the water.  Skippers congregated on the lantana.  A titmouse came to lunch, along with a lot of fledgling cardinals.

The barn spider and its web were gone today.  They recycle the web material.  The basilica spider was working on its chain-of-pearls egg cases.  The The black swallowtail caterpillars on the parsley seemed to be doing well.  Bees were foraging.  I found a pigeon horntail in the water.  I thought it had drowned but it may have revived.

A blue tailed skink defecated in front of me while I was looking at the horntail.



No comments:

Post a Comment