Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Some sunshine

The morning glories were indeed glorious.  Egrets fished.  A bird I didn't recognize showed up in the camellia but flew as I clicked.  It may have been a warbler.  Other than that, the regulars were at the seeds, along with titmice.  A dove sat beneath the feeder.  I glimpsed a Carolina wren. 

The sky clouded over at times but then the sun returned.  It was very humid and only moderately warm.  I rescued an adult two-lined spittlebug from the water.  The adults look so attractive that I ignore the larva.  A few butterflies were out.  A differential grasshopper flew right past me and landed in the lavender and nibbled.  A couple of fireflies appeared at dusk.

A great blue heron perched high in a pine across the creek.  A female downy woodpecker came to the feeder.  A couple of brown thrashers chased across the far end of the pool.  Blue jays hammered, and dropped, acorns. 

A lot of the rue turned brown like it had a disease. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment