Saturday, March 18, 2017

Wet

I awoke to drizzle and poor light.  The female red bellied woodpecker was determined to get the last bit of suet.  The downy woodpeckers wanted to help.  White throated sparrows were after seeds so they didn't care.  A rumpled yellow rumped warbler watched.  I saw two wood duck couples on our dock when all I had in hand was the snapshot camera.  Then I left.

When I got home, a squirrel was having a quick wash.  A great blue heron and a crow were on opposite edges of the dam outfall which made me wonder what was down in it.  A wren kept checking the hanger for the missing mealworm dish.

Around 4pm the sky cleared some and I went out shopping.  When I got back, two brown thrashers were poking through the mulch around the red cedar.  A titmouse  came for the new block of suet K hung up.  I saw three shovelers on the lake, where a newly fallen tree was in the water.  Buffleheads busily fished on the creek.  A female kingfisher plunged without success then returned to a piling.  A pied bill grebe dived and popped up like a toy.  Clouds came back right after sunset and the last bird I saw was a pine warbler at work on the suet.


No comments:

Post a Comment