Friday, June 15, 2018

Hard to stay inside

I woke up at dawn and saw a delicate, golden light on the creek, but I decided to go back to bed.  Late, the sun hit my eyes and I had breakfast long after the birds.  Hummers came though their feeder was nearly empty.  There was a drama during PT.  A wren investigated the fancy birdhouse and then a male bluebird swooped down and drove the wren away.  I have not seen bluebirds show any interest in the birdhouse before so I don't understand.  But perhaps that explains why the two recycled birdhouses are also unoccupied.

Blue dasher dragonflies were busy at lunch.  K refilled the hummer juice and bark butter and birdbath.  A tiger swallowtail floated across they yard. A fiery skipper enjoyed the lavender. Last evening's firefly looked weak because it was inside and I only saw the light that leaked around its side.  It was flying around inside today. 

Toward evening a house wren appeared.  It poked curiously into everything and appeared to be quite naive - new this year?  It was so small and quick, the camera had difficulty with focus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment