Friday, June 8, 2018

Buggy!

I was not up early and all I saw was a jumping spider outside a window. A wealth of dragonflies were around all day - blue dashers mostly, a male and a female great blue skimmer, and a Needham's skimmer.  Something small and bluish flitted around over the pool.  It might have been a spring azure, or a lacewing, or who knows.  A caterpillar swam for its life but I don't know if it found a twig or leaf.  At twilight, a firefly landed on the window and finally I got a photo of the flash! 

I haven't mentioned turtles for a while because the vegetation blocked my view.  With some scrunching and twisting, I managed to get a peep at the lake and a turtle on a log.  Dark clouds passed through but left nothing behind.  The creek was dusty-looking from some kind of fluff or scum. 

A female goldfinch came for a drink from the hummer feeder's little ant moat.  She did not approve of the big, scummy ant moat.  The hummers were happy when each had sole possession of the feeder.  The blue jays got away with their raids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment