Friday, April 19, 2019

Scary weather

In the morning I went to the Brock Environmental Center in the rain that wasn't supposed to fall till afternoon.  As I walked in from my car, I could hear birds but I couldn't find them by sight.  Blackberry brambles were blooming.  The wind drove the Brock's turbine rotor blades so fast they were just a loud blur.  The rain stopped before noon but the wind kept on.

Weather maps showed a low pressure center West of the Appalachians that was slinging a line of storms Eastward even as the wind poured up from the South. It spawned tornado warnings, gale warnings, marine warnings, and flooding for the Albemarle watershed while pushing the water out of the Lynnhaven.  Critters mostly hid except for some idiot crane flies and a few cormorants headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment