Thursday, April 25, 2019

Warm

It was another pretty day that I spent mostly in meetings.  At breakfast a squirrel entertained me by trying to get into the seed feeder. 

In the parking lot after the lunch meeting I could hear swallows chattering as they hunted bugs in the air, but I didn't see them.  At home, geese rested by the spartina and goslings climbed all over mama.  I saw a cloudless sulphur and did manage to photograph a silver spotted skipper. The first rose bloomed and so did a yellow iris. Clematis flowers were all over the trellis. 

As I left home in the afternoon, I spotted a brown thrasher with a long straw in its beak.  I took some pictures around the Greer Environmental Science building, but wildlife was mostly absent, except for a mockingbird.  After dark, a frog chorus was loud in their wetland ponds.  


No comments:

Post a Comment