Monday, September 13, 2021

Chasing frogs

I only had the morning and neither the water nor the air were as warm as I would have liked.  But the sunshine was at work heating the day.  All the spiders were where I left them.  As I watched, a little bee dodged around me and smacked into the web.  The spider paid no attention and the bee didn't struggle. When I came back later, the bee was gone, not bundled in silk, so maybe it got loose.  I saw wasps on the mountain mint but not honeybees.  

There were two frogs in the pool, one bigger the other little.I chased the little one first and after I caught it and shooed it away I went after the larger frog.  It was a wily critter but I have bigger flippers.  It's fun to chase them but I worry that the pool chemicals are bad for frogs.  

When I got out up popped a skink.  It had business at the East end of the retaining wall and didn't seem to care if I took pictures.  

I found a well-grown black swallowtail caterpillar and some first instar caterpillars on the parsley.  A monarch caterpillar munched on the butterfly milkweed.  A cloudless sulphur fluttered ove the mountain mint and kept going.  


No comments:

Post a Comment