Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Missing spider

A fiery skipper pollinated the purslane.  So did tiny halactid bees.  I saw another on a daisy.  A southern purple mint moth moved before the camera shutter clicked.But it had landed by a black swallowtail caterpillar.  When I checked on the three spiders, the web under the hibiscus was intact but the Argiope wasn't there.  Then I fished an Argiope out of the water and left it on the concrete to see if it would revive.  It had been on the surface clinging to a leaf, not like the previous drowning victim that had sunk.  I don't know if it revived. 

I never know what I'll find when I take the lid off the skimmer.  Today it was a small frog.  It just sat there blinking foolishly.  There were crickets as well.  I caught another small frog in the deep end and put it out of the water.  The dogwood tossed colorful leaves into the water.  A female blue dasher perched on a canna flower.  

Brown headed nuthatches came and went before I was ready for them.  A Carolina wren joined a tufted titmouse on the suet. The titmouse wasn't pleased.  





No comments:

Post a Comment