Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Cool

Early morning was cloudy.   One more hibiscus blossom opened.  Meanwhile camellia buds were beginning to fatten.  Carpenter and bumblebees stuck with the mountain mint. A beetle swam back and forth, seeming unable to make up its mid on how to escape the water.

A skink clambered up the wall.  Another slipped over the step.  Then two encountered each other and dashed away in opposite directions. 

I thought I saw a spider at work but it was only chaff caught in a web.   Then I did find a bold jumper hanging out on the chrome railing. 

A mockingbird enjoyed some beautyberries.  A woodpecker landed in the oak and hid.  I could hear it and I think it was a red-bellied.  The last thing I saw was a Carolina wren hopping around the table.  


No comments:

Post a Comment