Sunday, February 6, 2022

Blackbirds

I slept in.  The birdbath was still frozen when I had breakfast so I poured hot water into it afterward.  Starlings showed up but only one hung around.  Then a couple of red-winged blackbirds followed.

The usual birds also joined me for breakfast: bluebirds, pine and myrtle warblers, white throated sparrows, Carolina wrens, and a brown thrasher.  The dish feeders were not only empty of food, they were full of ice.  I got the ice out and dumped some barkbutter balls in.  Then I discovered that the dish I was using for jelly had come unscrewed from its hook which was nowhere to be seen. 

Broken clouds let through some sunlight in the morning, but as the temperature rose, overcast settled in.  The female red bellied woodpecker put in an appearance but soon spooked, so my photo is full of feathers fanning the air.  Pelicans and cormorants fished busily.  


No comments:

Post a Comment