Friday, February 18, 2022

Great Backyard Bird Count

When I made my first count at breakfast, the temperature was 68  By lunch when I counted again, it was down to 55, and it kept dropping.  In the morning the patio was wet from overnight and there was another sprinkle of rain.  Warblers were already eating when there wasn't enough light for pictures.  Bluebirds came along right behind.  Then the male pileated woodpecker showed up.  The downy had to eat barkbutter instead of suet.  

When the woodpeckers left, a white breasted nuthatch moved in on the suet.  White throated sparrows were joined by juncos in the mulch.  A Carolina wren was next on the suet.  No turtles basked today, just a couple of cormorants.  The strong, gusty wind dried everything by lunch so I put out some barkbutter balls.  


I don't know if they'll see a hashtag on Blogger, but in case it works, here 'tis. #GBBC


No comments:

Post a Comment