Friday, February 25, 2022

Many birds

Morning overcast helped my photography.  The pileated woodpeckers have become regulars. And they emptied the suet feeder.  The bluebirds squabbled a bit over the barkbutter.   But the bad little butterbutt kept driving away the birds I wanted to photograph.  A brown headed nuthatch dropped down to the birdbath to get away.  A red bellied woodpecker spooked but later the male returned. 

Juncos joined the sparrows again.  A brown thrasher craved barkbutter.  I'm going to have to go buy some more.  A starling went after the suet, but I have plenty of that.  A mockingbird poked around but didn't find whatever it was looking for. 

The creek was rough.  I saw a few pelicans and diving ducks, an egret or two, and a great blue heron. The camera caught a wood duck drake and I didn't even realize it.  Turtles came out of the water to bask.  A couple of red-winged blackbirds explored the exposed creek bottom at low tide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment