Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Woodpecker trio

Even though the GBBC was over, I found myself counting birds.  The male red bellied woodpecker was ready for a suet breakfast.  So was a yellow rumped warbler.  Bluebirds were also early birds.  

The day got up over 70° under an overcast sky.  Turtles climbed out of the water despite the lack of sun.  I counted three juncos.  The brown thrasher returned after taking most of the weekend off.  And then the female pileated woodpecker arrived for a suet lunch.  Meanwhile a male and a female oriole discovered the grape jelly.  The feeder did not turn out to let them perch easily or to support their weight.  

After lunch, back in my office, I spotted a pair of flickers down by the creek.  A tufted titmouse also poked through the leaf litter. The day got more and more gray,  


No comments:

Post a Comment