Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Freezing

The creek was mostly iced except for the channel.  A Carolina wren greeted the morning.  I was having a camera focus problem, however.  Bluebirds soon followed and I got the camera to work, mostly.  Myrtle warblers acted up as usual.  The female downy got a few moments with the suet.  Sparrows stayed earth-bound.  My photo of a brown headed nuthatch was out of focus but the brown thrasher was just over-exposed.  Blue jays were wary so I mostly got their backs.  I missed the mockingbird entirely. 

By afternoon, the ice was gone and the pelicans were back, flying over the creek.  The great blue heron that owns this stretch of creek was on guard.  The tide was quite low.  Cormorants were busy diving after fish.  I got a glimpse of the grebe.  Then another heron made the mistake of landing in our yard.  It was chased off immediately.  Curiously, an egret that landed later was tolerated.  


No comments:

Post a Comment