Thursday, September 14, 2023

Beautiful day

The Carolina wren was first to breakfast.  I thought I saw a giant, or maybe a palamedes, swallowtail flitting around the rue, but my one snap shot was a blur.  The fledgling cardinal was growing up fast.  The cloudless sky was a deep blue but a gusty wind filled the pool with tree debris.  I caught the two green frogs again - I swear one was waiting for me.  A skink insisted on rescuing itself by climbing my suit.  The spartina down by the dam was being grazed by periwinkles.   Goldenrod was getting ready to bloom while the beautyberries were turning red.  The butterfly milkweed was loaded with pods.  A different skink posed up on the patio.  Wasps kept at the mountain mint.  Clouds rolled in toward evening and mallards flocked on the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment