Thursday, September 21, 2023

Hazy

A mockingbird was too fast for me but I caught the blue jay that followed.  The young cardinals were back.  I didn't have the camera when I spotted a kingfisher on the dock.The yellow cat dashed across the yard for no reason that I could see. 

The sky was very hazy.  Two Carolina wrens expected lunch.  A crow startled the songbirds.  I suspect it left the rather large poop on the patio.  Something ate beautyberries but all I saw was jerking branches.  Cardinals at dogwood berries. 

A black swallowtail worked on the rue.  It might have been the same dark butterfly I saw elsewhere in the yard or that might have been a red spotted purple.  I could find only one monarch caterpillar but I expect the other was there somewhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment