Thursday, September 7, 2023

Green heron

We got up late.  Fledgling cardinals begged and their mother fed them so this must be a new batch.  There appeared to be a boy and a girl.  A Carolina wren ate mealworms because the barkbutter balls had all been eaten.  The bird gave me a dirty look so I put out more later.

The hummers continued to battle oblivious to the benefits of sharing.  Honeybees and wasps were back at the mountain mint. Today's rescues were a mama spider and a skink.  The frog was in the skimmer basket till I rapped on it to loosen the leaves.  It leaped out and dove into the water. Later I caught up with it at the ladder and it hopped out before I could give it a nudge.  Maybe it's getting the point?

In the afternoon, a little green heron preened on a dock piling.  It seemed to have some itchy spots.  One big turtle occupied the lake log.  


No comments:

Post a Comment