Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Florida Predatory Stink Bug

A Carolina wren came for breakfast, but not very early.  The male fledgling cardinal posed nicely on the birdbath.  And the I was busy until my afternoon dip.

There were two frogs today.  It took a while to catch both of them and persuade them to leave.  I also removed a very small spider that had located on the top step where I was likely to brush against it.  A Florida Predatory Stink Bug (Euthyrhynchus floridanus) was floating in the water.  It was only the second one I've ever seen and the other one was in almost the same spot, years ago.  Anyway, I rescued the bug and took it up to the patio for a photo session.  It was orange on the belly as well as the three spots on the back.  The rest was a pretty metallic green but I didn't have very good light.  The cicada I found yesterday was feeding a nest of small ants.  

Sunset was colorful enough to pull me away from the computer and outside.  There were a lot of clouds and no moon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment