Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another bright day gone gray

The regulars were briefly joined by a titmouse, and hummers got some juice, while the wrens continued to hustle bugs. I was mostly away from view during the morning.  Dragonflies and  wasps enjoyed the midday heat. Later a buzzard circled.

When I finally got to the pool, there was the fox.  Crows and jays scolded, but the loudest was the little wren buzzing like a chain saw.  I finally sat down and the fox went on to the neighbors' gazebo.  When I was out in the middle of the deep end of the water, I had a view of three cubs.  Of course, I did not have the camera.

The wrens have babies too - I can hear them.  I assumed so from the adults' frequent trips, but today I heard their cries for food.  A biting fly drove me inside, one of the little ones that's smaller than a housefly.  The sky has clouded up, with breaks, and the sun behind the clouds makes them look threatening.


No comments:

Post a Comment