Sunday, June 1, 2014

Early birds

The female towhee was foraging beside the birdbath at breakfast.  After it left, a female hummer arrived but was scared off when a house wren showed up.  Why the house wren visits the feeders, I do not know - it doesn't eat seeds.  K says it's just nosy.

Finally a female slaty skimmer perched for me. An orange butterfly took an interest in the rosemary but never settled.   A couple of skinks hurried to cover. And another dragonfly perched that was new to me, a Little Blue Dragonlet (Erythrodiplax minuscula).

When K got home and was taking care of my injured toe, the fox appeared and stared at the two of us.  I grabbed the camera, but not quickly enough.  Then an osprey streaked upstream and again I missed.  My reaction time is terrible.

For the last two nights the crescent moon has trailed sunset around bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment