Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunny again

The male towhee made several visits.  Chickadees have been all over the feeder.  The wrens are still at home.  The lavender is blooming - maybe it will satisfy any hummers that come before their feeder is rehung.

Dragonflies streamed by and one banged on the window.  A dove appeared in the late morning.  One chickadee refused to allow another to share the feeder - pure meanness as they weigh too little to trip the counterweight.  A little green heron took off squawking from the trees along the creek.

Both male and female towhee came to the feeder while I sat nearby.  They wouldn't let me take a picture.  Skinks ran back and forth through the mulch all afternoon.  This one was thirsty.  The wrens were really loud in the birdhouse.  Two brown thrashers worked in the camellia, picking off bugs I assume. 

Spiders were running on the pool surface.  I rescued a female with an egg sac who'd lost her balance.  Both a male and a female pondhawk were kind enough to perch instead of just zooming past.  I swatted a mosquito that tried to get a meal off me.  I have poison ivy blisters and fly bites and that's enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment