Thursday, June 5, 2014

Stormy weather

It rained overnight and storm clouds have been rolling out of the Northwest making sunshine intermittent.  Early, two ospreys flew past - one continued up the creek while the other headed off toward the lakes.  A great blue heron flew downstream and a great egret landed on a piling.  In the pool, I saved many beetles and some spiders, one of which had her children on her back.  As I got out of the pool, I was watched by a wren sitting in the opening of the birdhouse until I had come up enough steps to appear too large and off it flew.  Skinks have been scurrying by and there have been several hummer visits. 

A little rain has fallen, just enough to wet the windows and make photography hard. I keep hearing a woodpecker hammering, but who knows how far the sound is carrying?  The temperature has dropped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment