Sunday, June 18, 2017

Breezy


It was nevertheless quite warm and humid in an un-air-conditioned church. Titmice came for breakfast.  I saw a head filling the hole in the bluebird house so they moved back.  The female has been making quick forays to the mealworms. I spotted a song sparrow on the feeder. 

I startled a blue tailed skink and saw the tail disappear into the mulch under the rosemary.  Lots of spiders and beetles were in the pool.  A frog had drowned.  I saved a huge queen ant.  There were lots of blue dashers around.  Larger dragonflies cruised the edge of the creek.  Two immature female Eastern forktail damselflies fussed at each other, then settled about a foot apart.  I had just spotted a widow skimmer when a sudden rain shower had me hurrying to get the camera indoors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment