Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cooler

The sky was hazy even where there were no clouds. Butterflies, dragonflies, bees, wasps, and beetles were thick.  Spiders too. I recognized a varigated fritillary and a snout butterfly, a blue dasher and a common whitetail dragonfly.  But the pool chemistry was finally in balance which discouraged the backswimmer and the frog. 

A female bluebird and a male goldfinch came to breakfast.  K changed the hummer juice because I saw a bug in it.  A hummer approved.  A blue jay performed right in front of me.  That's when I discovered I'd put the wrong battery in the camera.

I saw a cluster of flowers on the crape myrtle.  The gladiolus began blooming.  The white lily was still going strong.  Fat little bulbs were all that was left of the blue wood hyacinths - I thought at first they were mushrooms.  The yellow rose bloomed, but all the red roses were gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment