Monday, June 5, 2017

Rainy day

In the morning, the rain was confined to periodic sprinkles.  An egret fished below the dam.  Two families of geese came to the back door. When I went out to shoo them away, I decided to look for the backswimmer.  It was still hanging out in some floating litter but dived when I disturbed it.  I thought it had a companion, but that turned out to be a small wasp I was able to rescue.  Lots of other insects were floating too.  Later K was adding chemicals and found the bullfrog back in the skimmer basket. I was concerned about the hummer juice, but then I saw both male and female hummingbirds drinking.

In the afternoon there were several downpours with brief windows of sunshine between.  Titmice and the regulars took seeds whenever the rain let up.


No comments:

Post a Comment