Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hot

Morning and evening were very pleasant but mid day was distinctly hot. At breakfast a white breasted nuthatch tried to get to the seed feeder but the finches wouldn't let it in.  Blue jays got much bolder in their quest for mealworms.

A dragonfly obelisking after lunch was as good as a thermometer.  The backswimmer was back trying to hide in floating detritus.  I saw a swallowtail but didn't get a photo. 

The tide had not been particularly high at mid day but it was very low six hours later.  I guess the wind was pushing water out the bay mouth.  I distinctly heard a cicada in the late afternoon. I sat outside in the twilight watching fireflies.  Two swallows and a dragonfly zoomed overhead. and I think I glimpsed a bat.  Curiously, I saw no stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment