Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Osprey down!

The threatening overcast broke up by mid morning and released the sun.  The rain had beaten a lot of flowers into the ground.    A male Eastern pondhawk posed in between bug snatching.

In the afternoon while I was in a virtual meeting a commotion reflected on the computer screen caught my attention.  An osprey was in the water.  I was really afraid it was going to drown but we had no way to reach it even if I had abandoned the meeting and run out of the house.  Finally it got both wings out of the water and rose up with the fish it had hung on to while it struggled in the water.  A cardinal perched on a post to watch. 

A downy woodpecker called me names when I went to photograph the new lily.  A blue jay showed up almost immediately after I put out bark butter balls.


No comments:

Post a Comment