Friday, June 5, 2020

Still hot

Lots of sky drama, but no rain.  I was rushing around in the morning.  I did see the hummer reject fresh juice.  At lunch the male bluebird joined us. I saw one little skink. 

A breeze tempered the heat in the late afternoon so I visited with the pollinators on the rue.  There were lots of little ones that tend to be overlooked, I think.  A sizeable bumblebee carried bags of orange pollen.  The great golden digger wasp and the blue mud wasps were back.  The ggg wasp was nervous and fussy, but pretty much a pacifist, even though smaller bugs harassed it.  The mud wasps zipped around constantly. 

The red bellied woodpecker whooshed in for some BBBs and then saw me.  He missed a good snack.  And I still got pictures of him later up in the oak.  It looked like he was sunbathing with his wing spread out against the tree limb.

One blue jay kept flying at the feeder, apparently trying to catch a bark butter ball on the wing.  The lovesick bullfrog called all evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment