Saturday, November 14, 2020

Birdfull

A brown thrasher showed up for breakfast but the bark butter ball dish was empty.  I refilled it but it was empty again at lunch and I never saw who emptied it.  However there seemed to be a lot of crows hanging around.  The new moon tide ran high, but against the wind. 

At lunch, two pine warblers visited the suet.  A house finch lay in the sunflower seed trough to frustrate the little birds.  A white throated sparrow poked through the waste hulls beneath.  I've only seen a tan morph so it may be the same bird.  Robins cavorted up in the cherry trees.  A Carolina wren had a turn at the suet.  

There were fresh flowers on the paperwhite.  I found a morning glory still blooming in the late afternoon in the middle of November.  The fungus looked about the same.  

It was sunnier in the morning while I was stuck in a meeting. The afternoon got overcast, then cleared somewhat.  Clouds made a fierce orange sunset.  




No comments:

Post a Comment