Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Cloudy

We went to the garden center and got some pottery.  K plans some hanging plants to help with air quality.  I re-potted the native clematis to add to the trellis plants on the front patio.  The domestic cherry turned a brilliant red.  Between that and its Spring flowers I won't grieve over the lack of cherries.  The swamp red maple was more gold than red, but still lovely. 

A robin was busy high in the neighbor's oak.  Downy woodpeckers continued to work on the suet.  I also saw a great blue heron, a couple of hoodies, downy woodpeckers, a white throated sparrow, and a red breasted nuthatch.  

I got curious about what ruby crowned kinglets eat and whether the bird I saw a week ago was likely to over0winter here.  This chart suggests it will follow the availability of insects as it migrates South. 




No comments:

Post a Comment