Friday, April 23, 2021

Cool

Carolina wrens were hungry early and late.  The creek was placid as the sun gradually illuminated it.  But I had a meeting.  After lunch I got outside with a timer to warn me to come in for the next meeting.  But I didn't hear it.  I saw two dragonflies and maybe a damselfly.  Both dragonflies were fuzzy as though they were moldy.  I wasn't able to identify them as a result.  

Bees were at work on the azaleas.  Crows hung around the yard as usual.  Haze started to ripple across the sky.  A red bellied woodpecker fussed because I was sitting too close to the suet.  A skink that was using the retaining wall as a pathway froze as I focused on it, then slipped into the vegetation.  It had a regrown tail. 

The pecan finally began to leaf out.  At supper, a brown thrasher checked out the fallen suet crumbs and the barkbutter balls.  The sky was nearly overcast by then.  


No comments:

Post a Comment